7.26.2011

back to training

I've been ramping up the volume the last couple of weeks since the OCup. After taking that unplanned long break, I re-vamped my training to see me through to the end of cross, just using the last few mountain bike races as training. I've also added a couple more training races - the Boy and I have been tossing around the idea of doing a tag team 9-hr in August (which sounds super fun... it includes a pie-eating contest!), and we've decided to go to Quebec again in September. I'll probably do the 8-hr solo in St-Felicien, but like last year, I'll just ride and have fun on the technical trails until I'm ready to stop!

Last weekend was another trip to Buckwallow, with Tara (who I am linking to in the hopes that she may sometime blog again) and her boy. His goal was to hit every piece of single track - we did quite well, but after getting home, I realised we missed Weasel. Next time! Despite falling short of this goal, it was still a great day - sunny and hot, and even though Mike told us it was busy, I hardly felt like we saw many other people on the trails. Trying to get to all the single track meant I went on a few that I'd never ridden before, and it took a lot of the "I can't ride that it's too hard" mystique out (even if I couldn't ride the whole thing). Sadly, no photos exist of this awesome bikey day because I seem to have lost my camera! I'll try to dig it out before the next OCup.

3 comments:

Jeff Moote said...

Both using late summer 8/9h tag team races and more specifically the Mountainview 9h get thumbs up from me. I did the latter a couple years ago tag and really liked it. The 8h tag last weekend hurt like hell but seems like already it should pay off when cross rolls around.

Enjoy!

tara said...

i shalt not disappoint my fan, i shall write again soon...
and yay for demystifying stuff, all it takes is to watch another girl fall down something 5 times and eventually get it to make you think 'maybe me too?' screaming helps.

sunshineprincess said...

Sounds wicked fun!