7.18.2011

Midsummer Break

New Bike!!!
It took a bit longer to get the new bike together, but it is done, and not a second too soon! I basically had enough time to ride it up and down the street a few times on Friday night before packing it all up for racing on Sunday.

Summer Solstice
Mari organized a large group of great women into a 10-person team for Summer Solstice. It was a great weekend - excellent company, fun course, hanging out with the True North team, and of course, the new bike. Last year I skipped the the 24, and the year before it was a soggy, muddy 12hr. With warm weather and brief showers to keep the track tacky, it was the perfect year to come back for this race. I really liked the atmosphere for our 10-person - it was very different from being on a five-woman team in contention for the podium. But I think I get enough serious racing from the OCups - I am happy to have one race that's more about hanging out and having fun!


Oregon
Go west, young woman! Quick little solo vacation and family time, first to visit friends in Seattle, and then to hang out with my family in Hood River. Awesome riding in Hood River, and since Bronwyn and Mike recently took up mountain biking, I was able to go on a ride with both my sisters! Bronwyn and I rode two days in a row (we left Meg and her beau to do a DH/Super D run and there was a lot of getting lost and getting separated). Other highlights: Bronwyn's birthday, super awesome house with great views to relax at, Lost Lake, mom's cooking.




No comments: